Take a short flight to Sandakan for a two day visit, heading first to Turtle Island Park, a safe haven for the endangered green and hawksbill turtles, where you will stay for the night and may catch the rare opportunity to witness turtles laying their eggs. The next day, visit Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre to observe orang-utans up close in a natural environment.
- Pick up from Sandakan Airport and transfer to jetty on an hour-long boat ride to Selingan Island.
- Snorkel around Selingan Island and free & easy.
- Join experienced nature guides and island guardians to witness turtles laying their eggs (not guaranteed), observe the transferring of eggs to the hatchery centre.
- Early breakfast and proceed to check out.
- Transfer to Sandakan town. Proceed to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation by road to witness feeding time.
- After a tour of Sepilok, transfer to Sandakan airport at noon.